Mt Kenya can and is climbed at all times of the year. If possible however, it is best to avoid the two rainy seasons that may start in mid March and last through till mid June, the long rains, and from the late October through till end of November, the short rains. The driest times on the mountain are usually January till mid March and again July through mid October.
Day 1. Nairobi/Mt Kenya
Depart Nairobi in the morning arriving Naromoru in time for lunch. After lunch you proceed to Mt Kenya Naromoru Hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2. Met Station
After breakfast, proceed to Naromoru Park Gate and start hiking to Met Station (3300m). The hiking takes about 3 hrs. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3. Mackinders Camp
Depart Met Station after Breakfast and proceed to Teleki Valley arriving Mackinders Camp (4300m) early evening. Picnic lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4. Austrian Camp
Depart at 10:00 am after breakfast ascending along a steep screw to Austrian Hut (4700m). Covering this distance takes about 3 hrs. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5. Point Lenana-Chogoria
Departing at 5:30 am, proceed through Lewis Glacier to Point Lenana(4985m) arriving approx. 6:30 am in the morning. After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos Hut for full breakfast. Later descend along the famous Gorges Valley to Chogoria campsite. Dinner and overnight.
Day 6. Chogoria- Nairobi
After breakfast, set on morning journey to chogoria (32km).4WD vehicles are provided but during the bad weather, climbers have to walk some distance as vehicles may not reach the bandas. From Chogoria transport is provided back to Nairobi, arriving late afternoon.
Tour price Includes: –
• Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
• Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
• Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
• Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
• Start and finish Nairobi
• Treated water on the trek
• Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
– Hotel accommodations in Nairobi before and after the trek
• International flights
• Visas to Kenya
• Items of personal nature
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary